Posted by Jenny Rae Armstrong in
(Man obviously surprised to see a friend.): "Well, whaddaya know!"(Smart alec friend): "Not much. How ya doin'?"
:-D I love Wisconsin. :-D
Untangling life, strand by strand.
Copyright This Glorious Mess 2009. Powered by Blogger.Premium Wordpress Theme by simplyWP .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .
2 Response to Overheard in the Poplar Market...
For one of my classes in college, I was given the assignment of listening in on real-life dialogue and recording it. I ended up eavesdropping on a pair of older men eating in one of the campus's cafeterias. A student worker walked up to them, and one of them began telling the other about how, "Would you believe it? This is Amos's daughter." There was that same sense of awe at the wonderful coincidences of the world that I interpret in this short exchange. The world really can be a wonderful place.
Hehe--I just thought it was funny that the guy responded "Not much" when asked what he knew. :-D I'm still not sure if he was being a smart alec, or just giving the standard response to a very different question: "What's up?" Either way, it was pretty funny. :-D
Post a Comment